On this page we have our top resource links and templates, the best campus departments to utilize, programs to get involved in, and platforms to leverage!OUR TOP CAREER RESOURCE LINKS
- Ultimate Guide to Interviews
- Use this guide to navigate interviews.
- Steps to Graduate & Professional School
- Applying to graduate school quires careful planning and consideration.
- Career Center Guide
- A guide of tools to assist you in your career exploration and planning.
- 4 Year Career Development Plan
- This plan provides suggestions for your time at UGA.
- Resume Breakdown
- This resource provides a resume template to serve as a guide.
- Steps to Cover Letter Success
- Find foundational elements for a successful cover letter.
- Navigating Your Job and Internship Search
- Take advantage of this to grow your network and find the right job for you.
- How to Leverage LinkedIn
- Use this resource to better understand how LinkedIn can work for you.
- How to Dress for Success
- Learn the difference between Business Professional and Business Casual.
BEST ON-CAMPUS RESOURCE
The UGA Career Center
- The UGA Career Center provides a variety of professional services, from resume workshops to career fairs.
- (706) 542-3375 | email@example.com
UGA Mentor Program
- The UGA Mentor Program personalizes the networking experience, connecting students with experienced UGA alumni.
- The Arch Ready Certificate program covers a wide range of professional development topics, ranging from resume writing and interviewing to choosing a major and pursuing your dream job.
Virtual Appointment (Career Center)
- To schedule a virtual appointment, please do so through your Handshake account. Once scheduled, your Career Consultant will send you a virtual meeting invitation via Zoom.
- The Career Center offers virtual, fifteen-minute career drop-in appointments. To participate in Virtual Drop-in appointments, please sign in to Handshake and view the instructions here.
- Handshake is UGA's Career Services platform where students can make virtual career counseling appointmentsand access the online job and internship board.
- The Forage platform provides virtual work experience programs that give students the opportunity to learn career skills from Fortune 500 companies like Accenture, Citi, Deloitte, GE, J.P. Morgan, KPMG, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, and more!
- The Parker Dewey platform provides micro-internship opportunities from a variety of industries and disciplines. From working directly with an entrepreneur to supporting a large enterprise, you’ll have the opportunity to explore different roles and company cultures while actively building your resume.
- When preparing for a job or graduate school interview, it's not enough to only read advice - you need to put that advice into practice! Use Big Interview to get hands-on practice with mock interviews tailored to your specific industry, job and experience level.
- Whether you are just beginning to explore career options, preparing for a job interview, or looking to change careers, Candid Career can help by providing you with access to thousands of informational video interviews with real professionals through an easy to use website. Find your passion today at CandidCareer.com!
- Interstride is an interactive tool for both international and domestic students to enhance their international experience and employment potential. The platform consists of job-listings, hiring trends, employer information, self-assessments, and up-to-date immigration guidance.
- Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our "employee generated content" – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves.